WESTERN Australia’s WorkSafe agency is investigating the death of a man on a farm on Monday, the second farm-related fatality in the state in less than three weeks.
WorkSafe said it was investigating the possible work-related death of a 68-year-old farmer near Beverley yesterday.
The man was reported to have been working on a farm when he was struck by machinery.
WorkSafe said its investigators examine the circumstances of incidents with a view to ensuring compliance and preventing future incidents of a similar nature.
WorkSafe Commissioner Darren Kavanagh said any work-related death was a tragedy, and relayed his sincere condolences to the man’s family. The commissioner initiated an Inquiry into safety in the agriculture sector in June.
Last month WorkSafe said it was investigating the work-related death of a 59 year-old farmer at a property 20km north of Esperance on 15 September.
The man was reported to have been performing repairs under a seed bin when the bin fell on him, inflicting fatal crush injuries.
Mr Kavanagh said any work-related death was a tragedy, and relayed his sincere condolences to the man’s family and workers at the farm.
Source – Worksafe.