Understanding livestock business finances is critical for long-term profitability, particularly when restocking after drought.
Producers are invited to participate to find out how to develop a plan for banking reviews and present a business case to achieve the best possible outcome for their operations.
Queensland livestock producer and consultant Peter Whip from PRW AgriBusiness is the guest speaker, covering a range of topics including financing post-drought and other business strategies, giving producers practical tips to adopt straight away to make their business more attractive to lenders.
Strategies for discussion to get back into production include:
- Restocking after drought: Cost benefit, finance structure, other options
- Seeing banks as suppliers rather than masters: Banks need to lend to make money; using this concept in our business
- Bank review – opportunity rather than threat: “Selling” your business – The “good the bad and the ugly”
- “Front foot” negotiation with banks: Who’s in charge here?
- What relationship do we/should we have with our bank?: Business partner, best friend or financier?
The webinar will run for 45 minutes from 1pm, NSW/VIC time (10:30am WA time, 12 pm QLD time, 12:30pm SA time) on Tuesday, 23 February.
The webinar is a joint initiative of MLA and Australian Wool International’s Pastoral Profit program.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- For more information contact Pene Keynes, Pastoral Profit National Coordinator, on 08 8841 4500 or [email protected]