LIVESTOCK production in Australia is still largely a family business, but having two or more generations working side-by-side, seven days a week isn’t always an easy or peaceful process.
Bringing new family members into the business can also call for some adjustments to be made. Having some tactics for talking and planning together can help meet these challenges.
These are just some of the topics to be touched on during an upcoming webinar. While the webinar coordinators, FutureBeef and Beef Central have developed the presentation with beef producers in mind, it’s content is equally applicable to lamb or wool producing enterprises across the country facing similar circumstances.
Guest presenter, Barbara Bishop, works with farming families to develop tactics for talking and planning together to help create a thriving business and family environment. Joining Barb Bishop will be the team from Pastoral Profit along with host Greg Bath, from FutureBeef.
In this webinar we’ll discuss:
- Family, farm and future – multi-generational businesses
- Building a multi-generation business: what does it look like?
- Chances, choices and change – how do I cope?
- It is a journey – how do we get everyone on board?
- A sneak peek – Charleville workshop.
Date: Wednesday 24 February
Time: 7.30 pm AEST (QLD), 5.30 pm (WA), 8.00 pm (SA) and 8.30 pm (NSW, VIC, TAS)
Webinar location: At your computer in the comfort of your home/ office or on the go, using your mobile device.
If you have limited internet connectivity, you can still participate by listening on your phone and watching the presentation slides. We’ll send these through to you the day before the webinar. Just make sure you select this option when you register.
Who should register?
This event is for anyone involved along the red meat or wool supply chain including producers, processors, brand managers, supply chain managers, agents and advisors/consultants.
The session will be recorded and a link will be sent to all those who register. So if you can’t attend on the day, you won’t miss out.
To successfully participate in this webinar:
- Reserve your webinar seat now by following this link. Or copy and paste this into your web browser: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1862425734973019906
You need to register to receive your personal login details (if you don’t receive an automated response within a minute or so, check your junk email folder).
- Click the option to ‘Add to Outlook calendar’ to get an automated reminder to join the webinar.
- Test your computer set-up beforehand by going to this Citrix website (http://bit.ly/citrix_test) and click on the ‘Join a session’ link. If you have problems, contact your local computer support people or the friendly GoToWebinar support team (1800 356 792 in Australia).
- Join 10 minutes early on the day of the webinar. You can interact by typing questions in the Q&A panel or by raising your electronic hand.
This webinar is brought to you through a partnership between FutureBeef and Beef Central (sister publication to Sheep Central), with funding from the Queensland Government and Meat & Livestock Australia.
HAVE YOUR SAY