NOMINATIONS have opened for two Sheep Producers Australia board positions, to be decided at this year’s annual general meeting in November.
The vacancies have arisen due to the completion of term by a member-elected director, who is eligible to stand for re-election; and the second is a newly-created board position.
SPA is encouraging candidates who are passionate about the success of the Australian sheep industry and SPA, who possess a desire to contribute to the industry and seek to further their professional governance expertise to apply.
SPA is governed by a skills-based board, comprising a minimum of four and maximum of seven member-elected directors and up to two board-appointed independent directors.
In backgrounding the nomination process, the SPA board said it valued diversity of thinking, and skills that encompass a broad range of high-level knowledge and experience.
This year, applications are being sought from candidates with demonstrated experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Practical farming knowledge and experience
- An interest and understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing the Australian sheep industry & value chain
- Strong farming and/or industry networks knowledge
- Good strategic thinking and analysis skills
- Experience in managing organisations
- Strong governance knowledge and skills
- A passion to help the industry prosper in the future
Member-elected directors are appointed for a three year term.
Applications close on Friday 10 July. Click here for details
Sheep Producers Australia is the Canberra-based peak national industry body for the Australian sheep meat industry. Its purpose is to be a strategic leader working to achieve a productive, profitable and sustainable future for the industry.