DEMAND for processing sheep and in-lamb ewes were features in the AuctionsPlus’ online sheep and lamb offering last week.
Agents offered 58,751 head online last week, 1286 down, but prices fell slightly in all categories except scanned in-lamb Merino ewes.
there was an overall 88 percent clearance of sale lines, dominated by buying into the Riverina and central western New South Wales.
AuctionPlus’ Hamish Cooke said scanned in-lamb Merino ewes sold well, up $22 on the previous week and achieving a 95pc clearance.
New South Wales and southern processors were again active to fill orders from the online sales, bidding on lines ranging from western Queensland down to the Riverina, NSW. Purchases included a line of 650, 59kg export Merino wethers at Longreach, Queensland that made 580c/kg cwt and a line of 72kg wethers at Wyandra, QLD, for 540c/kg. A line of 660 54kgs wethers at Stamford, QLD, sold for 599c/kg. All prices include skin value.
Merino ewe lambs cheaper
The average Merino ewe lamb price dropped $6 to $179, within a range of $121 to $276. The top priced line were 11-12 month old 42kg Karmora/Netley Park and Barton Hill blood unjoined ewes at Tintinara in South Australia. A line of Gunnegalderie blood July/August drop ewes weighing 49kg at Wellington, NSW sold for $252.
Merino ewe hoggets sold firm at $130 to $273, averaging $194. The top price was paid for 43kg hoggets at Hay, NSW. Other highlights were 52kg hoggets at Marrabel, SA, that made $266 and 46kg hoggets at Coleambally, NSW, that sold for $209.
Young Merino ewes sell for up to $278
Young Merino ewes 2-4 years averaged $7 dearer at $145 and sold to $278. The top price was paid for a line of 52kg Leachim and Roseville park blood ewes with 3-8 week-old Gerradale blood Border Leicester lambs that weighed an average 18kgs.
Buyer interest was strong for scanned in-lamb Merino ewes that averaged $193, up $22, and sold from $133 to a top of $227 for 4-5 year old ewes at Coonamble, NSW. Other highlights were a line of rising three year old ewes at Corowa, NSW, that made $224 and some five year-old ewes at Nyngan, NSW, that sold for $217 to a South Australian buyer at Keith.
Merino wether prices steady
Prices for Merino wethers and wether lambs remained steady online last week. Wether lambs sold from $70 to $148 to average $120, and grown wethers sold from $95 to $160, averaging $128. Highlights included 1-4 year-old wethers weighing 51kgs with a 7.5cm fleece at Quilpie in Queensland that made $137. A producer at Nullamanna, NSW, offered 1294 wethers weighing an average 37kgs that sold in three drafts for an average of $124 to buyers at Wycheproof, Victoria and Inverell, NSW.
First cross ewe lambs
First cross ewe lambs sold from $169 to $266 to average $214, down $22 on last week. The top price was paid for a line of 49kg scanned empty ewe lambs at Merriwagga, NSW. Other highlights included 500 47kg scanned empty ewe lambs that made $235in two runs to buyers at Lavington and Orange in NSW. A line of 31kg first cross ewe lambs at Coonamble, NSW, made $241.
Store lamb prices down
Store lamb numbers were down slightly, with an offering of 14,861 head on the box this week, down 2,458. Buyer outlook was still positive and there as a 94pc clearance. Highlights included:
– Apr/May-19, 36kg White Suffolk/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from Hay, New South Wales sold for $176 or 507c/kg live
– Mar/Apr-19, 38kg Dorset X Border Leicester/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from Cootamundra, New South Wales sold for $174 or 459c/kg live
– Apr/Jun-19, 37kg Pol Dorset X Border Leicester/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from Tallimb, New South Wales
– Mar/Apr-19, 38kg White Suffolk/Merino and 2nd cross Poll Dorset Mixed Sex Suckers from Wellington, New South Wales sold for $168 or 447c/kg live
– Mar/Apr-19, 37kg Poll Dorset/Composite and 2nd cross Poll Dorset Mixed Sex Lambs, Wellington, New South Wales sold for $168 or 450c/kg live
– Apr/May-19, 38kg White Suffolk/Poll Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from Mannum, South Australia sold for $166 or 461c/kg live
– Mar/Apr-19, 38kg Border Leicester/Merino Wether Suckers from Burcher, New South Wales sold for $163 or 423c/kg live
– Apr/May-19, 35kg SAMM/Poll Merino Wether Suckers from Mindarie, South Australia sold for $150 or 441c/kg live
HAVE YOUR SAY